How to book Aakash tablet?

How to book Aakash Tablet onlineEver since its announcement in late October 2011 by Union MHRD Minister Mr. Kapil Sibal, Aakash tablets have become the talk of the town. But, how to get an Aakash tablet?  It is a tablet computer that lets you read and edit office documents and PDF files, browse the internet, lets you listen to music and watch videos. It is a portable device for education, work or just recreation and has a big advantage of being really light on the pocket monetarily.

To book an Aakash tablet, you need around Rs. 2999 only, but most importantly lots of patience. Booking of the Aakash tablet are only done online through DataWind’s website dedicated to this low cost tablet computer, http://aakashtablet.com/. As it is a tablet computer launched with a specific purposes, it is not available at retail stores.

The vision and ideology behind this low cost tablet computer is two folds; firstly to enable the students of various Indian state universities to get the best in technology and facilitate many e-learning modules and thus keeping the Indian education system abreast with the education patterns abroad. Secondly, it is for the common man; for people who cannot afford the expensive iPads or Android tablets or smart phones; to have a piece of modern day touch screen technology, which is within their reach and very easy on the pockets.

The booking procedure is pretty simple. On the first page itself on the site, you would come across a link to ‘check your status’ to check the status of an already booked Aakash tablet and another ‘Book now’ to book your tablet for the corresponding month. Once you click on the ‘Book now’ option, you would be presented with a page to fill in your details. You can pick your mode of payment. Usually people prefer cash on delivery option. Once you are done with the form and submission, you shall get a booking ID and a confirmation email from the company to the email address you register while filling the booking form.

If you are a student and need to book your Aakash tablet,  it is best to place the orders through your educational institutes or centers specified by the University of your State. This is because the Government is providing heavy subsidies on the Aakash tablets for students but this is not through DataWind, the company making the tablets. Hence the booking through their website would not entitle  any such subsidies for the students. For the students, the Government has its own distribution network and hence the students should approach their colleges to book their Aakash tablets.

After the orders are placed and the tablets available for delivery, the company will contact the person through either email or telephone. This delivery schedule is based on first come first serve basis i.e. the tablets would be delivered in the order of the orders placed. The company would also give preference to those tablet deliveries, of which the payment is already made in advance.

Once you are done with the placing of your order, you would have to wait patiently to get your Aakash tablet. This is because the production capacity for manufacturing these tablets is still not enough to meet the large scale demand for the Aakash tablets. But the Government has already taken the necessary steps to boost the production and distribution network of these tablets through various tenders and allocating sufficient amount of funds for this tablet project. This would eventually lead to faster distribution of the Aakash tablets.

Comments

1. prashanth reddy says:

I want aakash tablet

2. amit chawre says:

I want to buy a new tablet
    how will I get akash 2 tab

3. nikhil ingale says:

hello good afternoon sir… how to book version of aakash table 3
    i want to purchase it …. i am BE(CSE) final year student..
    plz send me details about my mob no.8857924232 please send me details

Reply me plzzzzzz,,, sir

4. nikhil ingale says:

plz send me whole details my mob no.8857924232 please send me details

Reply me plzzzzzz,,, sir

5. Aakash tablet 7c+ datawind

6. Agra Rod Bhiwandi kaneri

7. plz tell me how to take aakash tablet i am a student from aakash institute

8. i am a student of aakash institute plz tell me how to book aakash 2 tablet

9. Tej Kumar Jain says:

The sound quality of Ubislate Tablet is very poor. Customer care of Akash is very cheap and poor.

10. MAHAVEER NETAM says:

i want to book aakash teblet3 i am student my mobile no.8103446938

11. I am studying in plus one.I want book Aakash 3.How I can book for Aakash tablet?

12. sir my brother is engg. student tell me how can i buy this tab it’s not available on his college plz ans me

13. NAGASRINIVAS says:

i want o book a aasha tab let so please send me the detailed procedur ofit to my mail plese

14. pritam raj says:

sir i read in class xi with science please sir i immediately purchase akash 2 for make easy my study

15. how to book aakash tablet with subsidy for students

16. subhash says:

how do i book akash 3.plz tell me procedure on my mail

17. Dipak patel says:

Respect sir I have to akash teb2

18. hariom patidar says:

plz tell me how to book student version of aakash table 3
    i want to purchase it immediately i am college student
    plz send me whole details my mob no.9685029977 please send me details

19. yash raj says:

Akash-2 tab ko book karne ka website kya hai..

20. sannidhya says:

i am having akash tab 1 can i also buy akash tab2 if yes. HOW ?

Speak Your Mind

*

Have queries on Aakash Tablet? Get them answered quickly on Aakash Helpdesk