What is the current price of Akash tablet?

The world’s cheapest tablet Akash, got a much needed upgrade and was officially announced by none other than the President, Mr. Pranab Mukherjee himself. The new version still called Aakash 2 is available for bookings online already but in its commercial form as Ubislate.

The previous Akash tablet price was Rs. 2500 for the student version and was to be further subsidized for the students to up to half the price. The commercial version or the Ubislate was made available through online sales at Rs. 2999. But that was when the tablet had a 366 MHz processor and a 256 MB RAM and an outdated Android 2.2 Operating System. The new Aakash tablet comes with 1 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, the latest Android 4.0.3 Operating system, among other things. It is priced slightly higher than its previous installment. Students can however get it for Rs. 1150 as it subsidized by the Government.

The common user or public at large can get the tablet by booking it online from the company’s official website www.ubislate.com or www.aakashtablet.com. There is also an option of booking it via the partner site www.ncarry.com, but the site at times seems non functional. There’s is also the toll free 1800-180-2180 number which is the Aakash tablet customer care number along with +91 11 405 36600 on which you can contact them for further assistance. The pricing for the new akash tablet starts from Rs. 4499 and has 3 variations to it namely Ubislate 7Ci, Ubislate 7C+ and Ubislate 7Cz.

The pricing for the tablet on the homepage of the site is listed as Rs. 3499 onwards, but on clicking the buy now option the price for the above three versions are listed and it starts at Rs. 4499. The variations and pricing is as follows:

Ubislate 7Ci

(Same as the Student version of Aakash 2)

Ubislate 7C+

(proposed for Aakash 3)

Ubislate 7Cz

(available for pre-booking)

Processor

1 GHz Cortex A8

1 GHz Cortex A8

1 GHz Cortex A8

RAM and Memory

512 MR RAM, 4GB internal flash memory

512 MR RAM, 4GB internal flash memory

512 MR RAM, 4GB internal flash memory

Operating System

Android 4.0.3 ICS

Android 4.0.3 ICS

Android 4.0.3 ICS

Screen

7 inch Capacitive touch screen, 800×480 resolution

Connectivity and ports

WIFI, mini USB, microSD card slot, 3.5 mm jack

SIM CARD slot, GPRS+WIFI, mini USB, microSD card slot, 3.5 mm jack

Camera

VGA front camera

VGA front camera

Dual Camera

Bluetooth

NO

NO

YES

Proposed shipping schedule

Available, shipped within 48 hours of payment receipt

Available, shipped within 72 hours of payment receipt

Pre-book, shipped within 3 weeks of payment receipt

Price

Rs. 4499

Rs. 4999

Rs. 5999

Along with the above difference in price and delivery schedule, there’s also a difference in the priority of deliveries for the Aakash tablets based on the mode of payment selected while placing the orders for Aakash tablets online. There 3 options available, Cash on Delivery, which will cost you Rs. 200 as shipping charges over and above the cost of your tablet and take 8-12 weeks to ship, then there is the Demand draft or Cheque payment option which will again cost you Rs. 200 extra and the shipping will be 3-4 weeks after the booking. The last is the fastest way to get your tablet, which is the online pre-payment, in which your tablet is shipped within a week of receiving the payment and placing the order and also you save the Rs. 200 towards shipping as shipping for pre-paid bookings is free.

Aakash 2-Tech Specifications of the Cheapest Tablet PC in the World

This is pretty much it for the pricing and booking process of the Aakash tablets. One must however remember that while the delivery schedules mentioned look promising towards speedy deliveries, Datawind’s past reputation with deliveries hasn’t been that great so be prepared to wait a while before you get your hands on the new Akash tablet.

Comments

1. Sandip Alshi says:

i want to change my mob. no when i entered at the time booking aakash tablet that no. may be not in range so please contact me on my mail.

2. M RAMAKRISHNA RAO says:

I BOOKED AAKASH TABLET. BOOKING DATE NOT REMEMBERED. I GOT PHONE CALL FROM 917208825412. AT THAT TIME I WAS IN THE MEETING. KINT ONFIRM HOW I WILL GET AAKASH TABLET.

3. This is the worst tablet i have seen ever. don’t buy this product .

4. i’m inerested to buy this tab for educational purpose.pls contact with me.

5. Shantanand.G.Hiremath. says:

Can i know the service centre at hubli karnataka. Or at bangalore karnataka.

6. Raghbirsinghjamwal says:

Akash tablet are available in showroom or market.

7. Akash tablet are available in market.

8. Avneesh Dhiman says:

sim service available in aakash tablet? tell me .

9. Sourabh Singh says:

it is written in your website that
    the students can get aakash tablet
    2 for just rs 1150 so please give
    me more details

10. sarthak kapoor says:

I want to purchase akash tab please contact mo on 9814195444

11. can i buy the tablet at rs 1150(students offer), as i am in standard 10th

12. Sachin Sethi says:

What is the price of tab akash 3 for student ?

13. Manoj Tayade says:

What is its actual price Ubislate 7Cz on home delivery? Is it available in market/showroom?
    pls.cont.9689684345

14. sophia malathi says:

hai sir, I am a blind person and how I can use the tablet can I intall nvda or jaws? and tell me how I can booking foe this and where the service center in thanjavore oor thiruchyand how I can use the tab as a phone? pl reply me I am waiting

15. i want to book akash tab 2. How to book ? Plzz…..???? Help me

16. I want this tablet please contact me by email

17. I want this tablet please contact me

18. Dear sir/madam

i am in the need of Aakash tab so please wil u help me from where i can purchase it.

19. PRAMOD NAGAR says:

WANT AKASH TAB PRICE/MODEL/SPECIFICATION ?????

20. Hi, The TOLL free number and phone number in the article doesn’t work. Could anyone tell me how to buy subsidized Aaakash2 Tablet for some of my school students. Thanks!

Speak Your Mind

*

Have queries on Aakash Tablet? Get them answered quickly on Aakash Helpdesk